aberdeen-music

Bluetones last night...

kirkt

anyone else go? I wish the usuals supported, they'd have gone down real well. still, i think most people werent too interested in the local support anyway as they were just there to see the bluetones. i was so chuffed they started off with "Tone Blooze" from return to the last chance saloon and finished with "If". It was nice to hear a few things off "Luxemborg" too. It seemed all over too quick. But it was most enjoyable. I liked the way Mark told people not to buy their new b-sides album. Crowd seemed bit dead at times, think a lot of people only showed up to hear "Slight Return".

anyone else go? I wish the usuals supported' date=' they'd have gone down real well. still, i think most people werent too interested in the local support anyway as they were just there to see the bluetones. i was so chuffed they started off with "Tone Blooze" from return to the last chance saloon and finished with "If". It was nice to hear a few things off "Luxemborg" too. It seemed all over too quick. But it was most enjoyable. I liked the way Mark told people not to buy their new b-sides album. Crowd seemed bit dead at times, think a lot of people only showed up to hear "Slight Return".[/quote']

I was there, loved Flicker, thought that Lady Mercedes were terrible. It was good to see them properly having been running about the night before. They are a very good live band and an amazingly nice bunch of guys. I got given a copy of Luxemborg but havent listened yet - I'll do that tonight. Funniest moment of the evening was Jimmi from CLS being convinced by Mark that he slept on a bed of sand, from the Egyptian version of Ikea called Ikipa, though he was kind of drunk at the time. Moshulu seemed quite busy I'd be interested to know the numbers and my only complaint was I thought the band werent on for long enough,

Cheers

Stuart