aberdeen-music

Steve Vai

Hog

Is going to be on the new Devin Townsend band album, not sure if that is a good thing..

DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND's New Album Is Full Of 'Bludgeoningly Heavy Lullabies' - Oct. 14, 2005

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD frontman Devin Townsend recently spoke to MTV.com about the recently completed new album from DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND, "Synchestra", due in February/March via InsideOut.

"Strangely enough, this is the first record I've done that was made to [be] enjoyed," Townsend said. "I'm expecting people to hate [this music], because it's really sensitive and heavy and epic, and everything's really pleasing about it. I don't know how many people want to listen to pleasing music. A lot of people are still into being assaulted every time they turn on their stereo. Those people will think it's a wussy, pain-in-the-ass record. People who're sick of dudes yelling at them will love it."

Still, he added, "It's super fucking heavy like bludgeoningly heavy. But they're all bludgeoningly heavy lullabies. This is a record you can put on that'll make you feel good. It's like a celebration something you put on in the morning, or when you want to sing along and laugh and smile, but still have it so heavy that when you crank it up, it will level any of your death-metal competition."

Songtitles set to appear on "Synchestra" include "Let It Roll", "Hyper-Geek", "Notes From Africa", "Judgment", "A Simple Lullaby" and "Sunshine and Happiness". Six of the album's 13 cuts clock in at or just under 10 minutes and one features a guest appearance by guitarist Steve Vai (Townsend sang on Vai's 1993 album, "Sex & Religion").

"I love writing music and songs, but I'm getting more and more tired of playing guitar and singing," Townsend told MTV.com. "There's this big long part I'd written for this solo, and sometimes, I'm in the headspace for guitar and other times, I'm just not. Right now I'm not. I just couldn't give a fuck. So I gave [Vai] a call."

I remember the video for Vai's single that Dev sang on. The song wasn't great' date=' but it looked like Vai was a bit scared of Dev....

What was the name of that album again? The one with Vai on the front and he's been shot by arrows?[/quote']

It was Devin in the album cover :up:

Sex and Religion was a terrible album IMHO

sexandreligion.jpg