aberdeen-music

what's a good website design program?

framheim

Guest pop-notmyface

i'd avoid MS Frontpage. but go for something like Serif Webplus. if you need a copy of that, i can borrow/give it to you. you only need to install it once and then it works fine from there on.

i'd avoid MS Frontpage. but go for something like Serif Webplus. if you need a copy of that' date=' i can borrow/give it to you. you only need to install it once and then it works fine from there on.[/quote']

what's it like? the thing i like about dreamweaver is it's like DTP package so pretty easy to get good results from, is webplus similar or does it have any advantages do you think?

Guest pop-notmyface
what's it like? the thing i like about dreamweaver is it's like DTP package so pretty easy to get good results from' date=' is webplus similar or does it have any advantages do you think?[/quote']

o yes, Webpage plus has a similar layout to a desktop publishing program like Quark Express. so it lets you work with graphics a lot easier than Frontpage.

Guest pop-notmyface
That is a very narrow-minded comment. Frontpage 2003 is a decent enough package.

yeah, but on the visual side, i don't think it is very good. you might get good results if you're good with your HTML coding and know what you're doing.

Cascading Style Sheets -CSS

This is basiclly the skin of your Web-page, and the content would be the bones if you were! The CSS determints general issues such as font size/colour, backgound image/colour etc basically how the things gonna look.

I take it your not really 100% on web design so if CSS seems alittle confusing or you cant really be bothered learning, id say stick with a program like

FIREWORKS or DREAMWEAVER

There easier to use, user friendly and have none of that nasty HTML or JAVA scripting!

Guest pop-notmyface
i used to know a little html years ago but can't remember any now. i'm more into the design aspect than the programming side and i don't really have the time to learn html from scratch again. css sounds confusing :(

if you think CSS is confusing try copying a site generated by Frontpage into Notepad (save an internet file and "drop" the file into an open notepad program...).

Frontpage is just unecessarily complicated, which in turn generates a messy code.

if you think CSS is confusing try copying a site generated by Frontpage into Notepad (save an internet file and "drop" the file into an open notepad program...).

Frontpage is just unecessarily complicated' date=' which in turn generates a messy code.[/quote']

The messy code is an issue, but it's easily cleaned up if you know what you are doing, like you said.

Then defo stick with a program like Dreamweaver or Fireworks..

Simple to use' date=' drag and drop / cut and paste... etc

Just out of interest how advance / creative are you trying to make this site? And whats it for?[/quote']

it's going to be for my photography stuff so a dtp style webpage creator should do the job. i can always get someone better versed in the art of web design to clean up the code for me once i've got it looking roughly the way i want it to.