aberdeen-music

Strapping Young Lad play the Ozzfest.

Hog

Phew' date=' I dont know what to make of this one. Part of me is happy that they will get a lot of publicity but part of me is confused regarding who they are sharing the stage with.[/quote']

At the end of the day they have to make a living, they can probably make enough to finance the next album from one tour so it'll be well worth it for them.

Cheers

Stuart

They're playing with Unearth plus lots of other emo bands right?

I wish they were amongst bands like Slayer and Mastodon etc. so that they were being thrown to the proper crowd they'd hope for?

Can't wait til they come back here though!

'Alien' and 'City' have to be 2 of the best purchases of the last 12 months for me :up:

Best thing I've read all day.

Yes, I know I worded that wrongly - Unearth aren't THAT emo, but it's unfortunate for SYL to be sharing a stage with many bands categorised to that genre (be it by me only?).

I wasn't implying that Strapping were emo whatsoever by the way, if there was any confusion!

Today's musical swear word... emo (used in uncorrect circumstances)

OK fair do's. The genre to which most of the bands sharing the stage with SYL will not do them great justice in forming a greater fan base (JMO).

As if you've got a problem with heavy bands associated with 'emo'.

No no, I find it more that SYL would benefit more (again, IMO) from sharing a stage with bands more akin to their style.

Yes I may be completely wrong, but I'd prefer them to be with the heavier lot..

Guest collapse in chaos

I don't know what your fuckin talkin about. I take it you looked at Atreyu and Bleeding through then labelled every band as bein emo. If you actually look at the other bands you'll find that the majority are heavier than fuckin syl. especially norma jean, hatebreed, black label society, a life once lost, walls of jericho and full blown chaos. And btw labelling Unearth as an emo band is just ignorant.

I don't know what your fuckin talkin about. I take it you looked at Atreyu and Bleeding through then labelled every band as bein emo. If you actually look at the other bands you'll find that the majority are heavier than fuckin syl. especially norma jean' date=' hatebreed, black label society, a life once lost, walls of jericho and full blown chaos. And btw labelling Unearth as an emo band is just ignorant.[/quote']

Black Label Society are heavier than this? http://mp4.centurymedia.com/audio/syl_shitstorm.mp3

Of course, this is where a debate starts regarding, speed doesnt equate to heaviness etc etc blah blah.

And SYL repetitive? Yep, some of the earlier stuff was a bit repetitive but Alien was IMHO very varied, with slow tunes with weird waltz's, an acoustic tune, tunes with blastbeats and weird time signatures, a song with kids singing and dark ambient song.

Pig Destroyer? I dont like them very much, although perhaps that question was not aimed at me, dunno. They seem to be the popular grind band that appeals to people who dont like grind (opens can of worms? Opinions are like assholes etc etc)

Guest Phantomsmasher
Pig Destroyer? I dont like them very much' date=' although perhaps that question was not aimed at me, dunno. They seem to be the popular grind band that appeals to people who don't like grind (opens can of worms? Opinions are like assholes etc etc)[/quote']

Wasn't directed at you, and yes, opinions are like assholes. Most of the time I'd say you probably know fuck all about grind, but that's only from here, seeing as I don't know you I can't comment... not that it matters anyway.

This whole arguement is bullshit anyway, I forgot my reasoning for making my comments, and I'd rather not try and start a whole debate about this.

Wasn't directed at you' date=' and yes, opinions are like assholes. Most of the time I'd say you probably know fuck all about grind, but that's only from here, seeing as I don't know you I can't comment... not that it matters anyway.

This whole arguement is bullshit anyway, I forgot my reasoning for making my comments, and I'd rather not try and start a whole debate about this.[/quote']

I know bit about grind and love Fear of God, Nasum etc etc but its not the main style of music I listen to. Now Jake Spike, he knows a bit about grind. Its all cool.:up: