aberdeen-music

My "solo" stuff...

Afro Droid

...is now on myspace here:

www.myspace.com/hughbruise

I recorded everything myself (except drums, that was Binky; and the female vocal, obviously) on a 4 track. These are rough mixes and I might re-record some of the vocals. There'll be an EP in a coupl'a months called 'EXPOSITION, DEVELOPMENT, RECAPITULATION'. It'll have a dirty country dirty cover of Rachel Steven's 'Some Girls'; and some more ballady/electronic stuff on. These tunes are the most rock-based ones. Let us know what you think, but please be kind!

i like it, its dirty and to the point; i see what you mean about re-recording the vocals, they're a little weak compared to what i know you can do with lucifer - they need the attitude you have in RL methinks....

The mix is pretty good; bass is perhaps slllliiiiiiiiiiiiightly out of tune - maybe its my imagination but thats how it seems.

its pretty impressive for a solo shot all the same like!

Cheers min - anyone listen to the second number? It's probably more of an accurate reflection of what the overall record will sound like. Just thought it was a better idea to put the heaviest tune first.

Think I will re-record those vocals, the harmony's a bit off. I think the bass is maybe just a bit high in the mix.

• 3 weeks later...