aberdeen-music

help needed for portfolio arty type thing. please help.

i have an interview at the college of art in edinburgh on the 5th of april for their tv/film course, but dont have a portfolio. i have a couple of films but apparently i need much more than that. im going to steal some photos that other people have taken of gigs and pretend i took them, but apart from that what does everyone suggest? i'm really stressed oot min. i have about just over a week to make a portfolio. lame

draw some storyboards of your films. if you have lots of plannings and drawings' date=' that gains you extra points.[/quote']

go with this, they will probably be more interested in how you went about planning and pre-visualising it than the actual film itself. Amazingly.

i'd wouldn't steal too much work of others if i were you, fine for padding out a portfolio but it's better if you can talk about your own ideas and plans. from what i gather from speaking to people when i was thinking about going to art school they're more impressed by the way you approach work rather than just the sheer amount of work you have.

as someone else suggested make some storyboards and try and present your ideas clearly and in a focused manner. should be better than submitting other peoples work(though if you really must do that make sure you can take photo's of an equal standard at least).