aberdeen-music

Looking to form a new band...

Lemonade

I'm a 26 year old manboy, who can play guitar, bass and/or sing - I don't really have the voice to carry off lead vocals but I'm good at harmonising and doing backing vox.

I've got a shiny new guitar, a hatful of lame songs, and a van, what more do you need to form a band?

Basically I'm looking for some like minded people (who hopefully might also have the ability to play an instrument or sing) to get together and get a decent band started. I have a long list of influences, but the sound I'd like to try for is a sort of alternative yet mainstream sound with harmony vocals a plenty, as practised by the likes of Weezer (my favourite band), with a bit of Beck (aka God) thrown in for good measure, and possibly a little pinch of Coldplay. Then, if there's room left, a little bit of The Cure, The Ramones, Zombina & The Skeletones, The Eels, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Graham Coxon, Kasabian, The Libertines, The Magic Numbers, The Mooney Suzuki, Muse, Neil Young, Nick Cave, Radiohead, Placebo, Simon & Garfunkel, Snow Patrol, The Polyphonic Spree, The Flaming Lips, The Strokes, Super Furry Animals, Lenny Kravitz, They Might Be Giants, Tom Petty, The White Stripes, Arctic Monkeys, The Zutons, and the entire Empire Records soundtrack.

If you like the sound of squashing all that lot together in a juicer and capturing the sound that comes out the other end, I'd like to hear from you. I'd like to keep it exclusively original material, and hopefully have some fun along the way. As I said, I'll take on the guitar or bass duties, so lookng for anyone who wants to play guitar, bass, drums, piano, vocals, or else anything really if it sounds cool and it works. Maybe it'll turn into a 25 piece beat-jazz combo, who knows?

Guys/Girls/Trannies - I'm not picky. If you can play an instrument and you want to try and put something interesting together from scratch, PM or email me.

Lots o' love

Elwood

thecocacolakid@hotmail.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...