aberdeen-music

First Asahara e.p. finaly completed (Harsh Electronics within)

Guest Phantomsmasher

Guest Phantomsmasher

First Asahara e.p. finally completed (Harsh Electronics within)

Okay, I know i've done a thread like this before, but some serious reworking needed done on the tracks. This is a five track e.p. around 15 minutes of harsh electronics with a few ambient noise influences.

Two tracks can be heard at: http://www.soundclick.com/asahara

These are probably the two of the harsher tracks, so no false introductions here.

For fans of: Grunt, Merzbow, Whitehouse, Wolf Eyes, Destructo Swarmbots.

Give us a shout if you want one of the e.ps. (they are free)

Next release will be akin to the soon to be adapted, and properly rehearsed live show i.e. Drone vs. harsh + weird electronics.

Ok.o_O

Firstly, i like this but i don't know why. My head says: "WTF this is just shitty white noise, feedback and an oddly placed click or two" BUT on each listen i hear something, maybe voices i dunno. But i find it intriguing.

Secondly. I'm not being funny but as someone (me) who knows precious little about this particular genre (i suppose the closest i get is Dillinger Escape Plan and Aphex Twin) how do you justify this as music? I'm not having a pop at all, i'm just interested as to where you draw this from. Is it just sound manipulation that interests you or something else. As far as i can tell there is no structure etc, but maybe thats just my un-trained ear.

I would like an ep though if you don't mind....

Guest Phantomsmasher
Ok.o_O

Firstly' date=' i like this but i don't know why. My head says: "WTF this is just shitty white noise, feedback and an oddly placed click or two" BUT on each listen i hear something, maybe voices i dunno. But i find it intriguing.

Secondly. I'm not being funny but as someone (me) who knows precious little about this particular genre (i suppose the closest i get is Dillinger Escape Plan and Aphex Twin) how do you justify this as music? I'm not having a pop at all, i'm just interested as to where you draw this from. Is it just sound manipulation that interests you or something else. As far as i can tell there is no structure etc, but maybe thats just my un-trained ear.

I would like an ep though if you don't mind....[/quote']

Righto, here we go.

Power electronics/Noise/whatever you may wish to call it, to me at least is probably not music, in a convential sense at least. It has purpose and structure just not always too easy to pick out upon first listen, the 'Culture Whore' track actually has lyrics, and the sounds from both are derived from a concept I have spent quite a while developing since the early days.

I can't really explain it that well, as I am no expert in the genre, I enjoy it, and also enjoy the sheer open experimental nature of it, where anything can be possibly used in order to create something interesting and challenging to listen to, while also trying to get message/point across.

To be honest, I am probably not the best example to be exposed to at first, as I'm only really beginning to get to grips with my equipment, thus no where near as proficient as my influences. I'd download or pick up 'Burnt Mind" by Wolf Eyes if you want a fairly easy introduction to noise. There is also a live noise gig on the 11th of July in the Tunnels which would also provide a good, although perhaps abrupt introduction to the genre

Cheers for taking the time to listen as well, and I'm glad you remained open minded about the tracks. :)

Righto' date=' here we go.

Power electronics/Noise/whatever you may wish to call it, to me at least is probably not music, in a convential sense at least. It has purpose and structure just not always too easy to pick out upon first listen, the 'Culture Whore' track actually has lyrics, and the sounds from both are derived from a concept I have spent quite a while developing since the early days.

I can't really explain it that well, as I am no expert in the genre, I enjoy it, and also enjoy the sheer open experimental nature of it, where anything can be possibly used in order to create something interesting and challenging to listen to, while also trying to get message/point across.

To be honest, I am probably not the best example to be exposed to at first, as I'm only really beginning to get to grips with my equipment, thus no where near as proficient as my influences. I'd download or pick up 'Burnt Mind" by Wolf Eyes if you want a fairly easy introduction to noise. There is also a live noise gig on the 11th of July in the Tunnels which would also provide a good, although perhaps abrupt introduction to the genre

Cheers for taking the time to listen as well, and I'm glad you remained open minded about the tracks[/quote']

I totally get where you're coming from. I do really like what you're doing too. And i'm glad 'Culture Whore' has lyrics because i thought i was hearing things :p

I like the whole concept of no boundaries in the style of music you're going for and if you ever need a guitarist in a live environment to create some weird noises with feedback and multi-head delays then give me a shout :)

to Alaline: Try to hunt down 'Sutcliffe Jugend - The Victim As Beauty'. It is DEFINETELY not for the easily offended and you HAVE to be open minded with it, but thats how I got into the genre. At first, it sounds like utter noise, but if you listen to the album from start to finish, you'll realise what they're meaning and why the tracks are called what they're called. Every listen after that, every single part of the noise included makes as much sense as it is possible to make with this stuff.

Tracklist is as follows:

1 - (Scene One: The Car) Act I: Abduction

2 - (Scene Two: The House) Act I: Fear And Anticipation

3 - (Scene Two: The House) Act II: Humiliation

4 - (Scene Two: The House) Act III & IV: Torture & Death

5 - (Scene Two: The House) Act V: Cold Aftermath

Also, not all electronics has the same purpose and reasoning as Sutcliffe Jugend does, but it does shed light on how this is techincally music/art.

EDIT: Also note, Sutcliffe Jugend is VERY vocal.

to Alaline: Try to hunt down 'Sutcliffe Jugend - The Victim As Beauty'. It is DEFINETELY not for the easily offended and you HAVE to be open minded with it' date=' but thats how I got into the genre. At first, it sounds like utter noise, but if you listen to the album from start to finish, you'll realise what they're meaning and why the tracks are called what they're called. Every listen after that, every single part of the noise included makes as much sense as it is possible to make with this stuff.

Tracklist is as follows:

1 - (Scene One: The Car) Act I: Abduction

2 - (Scene Two: The House) Act I: Fear And Anticipation

3 - (Scene Two: The House) Act II: Humiliation

4 - (Scene Two: The House) Act III & IV: Torture & Death

5 - (Scene Two: The House) Act V: Cold Aftermath

Also, not all electronics has the same purpose and reasoning as Sutcliffe Jugend does, but it does shed light on how this is techincally music/art.[/quote']

Cheers man, i shall scour yon interweb for it. :up:

Guest Phantomsmasher
I'll get an EP off of Stu if that's okay?

You could just bring it in to Bassment on Thursday night or Moshulu over the next few days?

Will do sir, will pop into the Bassment on Thursday with it.

Guest Phantomsmasher
Oh aye' date=' cheers for my one in Bassment :p[/quote']

Fuck, sorry man. I had some family stuff to deal with so couldn't get out. I will endeavour to get you one if you're still interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phantomsmasher

All the main tracks are now up on the soundclick site.

Only got a couple left from the gig, so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

Guest Phantomsmasher
Never really checked this kind of genre out but really liked that. Slowly crawling is freaky/eerie.

What equipment do you use to get those sounds?

For this batch of songs, mainly just fruity loops and various sampled and manipulated sounds which i've found interesting. The next release will be a live recording, with far more equipment, as well as interspersed tracks from fruity loops.