aberdeen-music

I've just seen.....

Alkaline

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Reminds me of when David Beckham was spotted in a Crass shirt. You had to laugh, wearing a shirt of the most influential anarcho-punk band in history at a time when he was demanding 100 grand a week!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Is it still incomprehensible that you can have money and like punk music?

Christ's sake, of course it isn't. The point is that here was a guy wearing their shirt who had undoubtedly never heard a single note they'd played or had any idea of what they believed in, he'd bought the shirt because it was "punk kitsch" which was in at the time, nothing to do with the band. Like all those fucking wannabes who wear those laughable "punk queen" garments.

Christ's sake, of course it isn't. The point is that here was a guy wearing their shirt who had undoubtedly never heard a single note they'd played or had any idea of what they believed in, he'd bought the shirt because it was "punk kitsch" which was in at the time, nothing to do with the band. Like all those fucking wannabes who wear those laughable "punk queen" garments.

How d'you know he doesn't / didn't listen to them, 'cos his bird's a spice girl? Book and cover...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
How d'you know he doesn't / didn't listen to them, 'cos his bird's a spice girl? Book and cover...

I'm convinced you're on the wind-up. Don't bother, I'm not in the mood.

o_O

I never even thought that for a second actually. It was to do with his bird being a Spice Girl.

Christ, you can't say anything here without being thought of in a bad light.

ah, too much crossed wires in this thread. i thought you were talking about rupert everett again.

my apologies.

Guest bluesxman

Ha, I remember Beckham and the Crass T shirt, that was extremely laughable. Somehow I can't see Becks chucking on Feeding Of The Five Thousand for an evening's entertainment.

Did they not sell Motorhead T shirts in Top Shop for a while in little girly sizes? I'm sure Sporty Spice wore one for a bit. UMC had an AC/DC T shirt in the window the other day, fake rock fashion must be in again.

My favourite ever inappropriate T shirt moment is Nick Cave wearing a little pink Take That T shirt in the Stagger Lee video.

Guest DustyDeviada

Rupert Everett looks wierd these days, has he had plastic surgery or something?

Has anybody seen Hearts of Fire, the film he made in the 80s with Bob Dylan? Unintenionally hilarious.