aberdeen-music

[GIG] Vocoustics Presents: Neil Young Night @ The Tunnels

All acts will be playing original sets, but since it is Neil Youngs Birthday they will also be playing a number of Young songs. A must for Shakey Junkies!?!?! :up:

1321429253_l.jpg

The Fortunate Sons are knee deep in country and blues, stained from the filthy banks of the River Clyde.

"These Guys are Fuckin' Great!" (Steve Van Zandt, The E-Street Band )

"A 21st Century Delta Blues Explosion" (Kim Fowley)

"Watch out for these guys, they are an amazing live band" (Real Radio)

Sharing a mutual love of roots, rhythm and blues, Sam West, Calum McCann, Michael Law and Graham McGeoch formed The Fortunate Sons in a smoky west end flat in 2005. Creating an underground buzz with Friday and Saturday night residencies in Glasgow, they cut their teeth in the early hours of the morning playing folk and blues in dark and dirty venues.

"Blues tinged finesse ... haunting harmonies ... unique" (The Evening Times)

"These guys are cracking....great songs, great musicians" (Carol Laula)

After causing such a stir around Glasgow, The Fortunate Sons were soon taking their sound to bigger audiences after being invited to record the first ever live session on Scotlands number one commercial radio station, Real Radio. They followed up this exposure by playing to thousands at the "Big In Falkirk" festival alongside Sandi Thom, Orson and Midge Ure, before flying off for an 11 show tour of europe.

"Sounds like crocodiles coming out of the clyde" (Iain Anderson, Radio Scotland)

"I saw The Fortunate Sons last month and cant stop raving about them" (Clyde 1 FM)

Off the back of their blistering summer, the autumn months will see The Fortunate Sons launch their debut EP and record a live session for Radio Scotland before playing sell-out shows in Scotland and London.

"The feel of Canned Heat" (Nick Lowe, Radio Scotland)

"A voice like Paul Rogers" (Janice Forsyth, Radio Scotland)

http://www.myspace.com/fsons

http://www.myspace.com/flamingkaty

http://www.myspace.com/delawair

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity Bump!

here what my mate Bryan fae Glasgow (some authority I know :O :O) says about The Fortunate Sons:

"I wholeheartedly recommend the Fortunate Sons. I saw them a couple of weeks ago in Glasvegas and they were the mutt's knuts. Sam's voice is spookily mature sounding for a guy in his 20s, a bit like John Fogarty or someone. Great songs too." :up: :up: