aberdeen-music

Digital recorder as effects pedal

Volta

Howdi.

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on this.

I got my acoustic rigged with pick-up for playing live and it sounds not bad. However, I can get a really good electric/acoustic sound by using an effect on my digital recorder.(zoom mrs-802)

But can I first plug into my recorder and then plug into the P.A system to reproduce the sound when playing in a live setting? I can do so using my normal stereo at home using those tiny connections but don't think that will do for a P.A. or even an amp.

I'm still a beginner when it comes to playing live so any advice much appreciate.

Cheers

Guest inc18457

you want to go:

guitar > digital recorder > pa, yes?

well from what you said, going from guitar > recorder is no problem, and as long as there is some kind of line-out on the recorder as SpanishArmada said, you should have no problem then being di'd by your friendly soundman in a live acoustic environment.

as far as tiny connections, you mean headphone jack sized ones? you need to convert it to a regular instrument sized quarter inch jack?

get one of these:prod_100230.jpg

easily available from cash converters or any kind of electronics store

Sorry for my vague descriptions.

Yip, it's got a headphone line-out and I've got the 1/4 inch connections so I could do it.

However on further experimentation, I came to the conclusion that the sound is pretty pish when my recorder is used and I get a much better sound when just using my regular electric amp.

Just making things more complicated than they need to be I guess. Good to experiment though.

Regards