aberdeen-music

Son Henry + Cheap Dirt + Decipher = The Moorings

sat april 14

son henry electric blues band

www.myspace.com/sonhenry

"Ex-Alaskan, now living in Scotland, Son Henry is, quite simply, a musician that lives and breathes the blues. However, that comes as no surprise to the legions of faithful. They know to turn out in all kinds of weather so they can be close to the fire generated every time this man picks up a guitar. In Alaska where the bars sometimes never close, he's been know to hold an audience until the sun-lit hours of the next morning when they really should be at home getting dressed for work.

He's made a startling range of styles his own, from deep soulful delta blues to loping Texas Shuffles and all points in between. Original tunes that sound like they were written in decades past. But be warned- it's when the lap steel guitar comes out that you need to stand back."

cheap dirt

www.myspace.com/cheapdirt

"What do you get when you mix Boogie Woogie, The Blues, Rock and Roll and Heavy Metal?!?! No Not Cheesecake!! You get CHEAP DIRT!!! Self proclaimed "Boogie" Metal band here to kick your ass!!! Cheap Dirt consists of four Crazy, Sweaty, Half Naked, Horny Young men who are hell bent on playing the loudest and heaviest Rock and FUCKIN Roll this planet has ever Seen/heard!!! Their Influences come from many Genres i.e. Rock, Heavy Metal, Country, Funk, Pop... you name it they love it!! Bands and Artists like Status Quo, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Dio, Mott The Hoople, Chuck Berry and many more can be heard throughout their Metal infested Boogie!! It's Loud, it's Heavy and It's only THREE FUCKIN CHORDS!!! But Cheap Dirt are serious, they're ready and they're Fuckin Horny AS HELL!!! So plug up your ears, lock up your daughters and get ready to rock out!! The Future is Good - THE FUTURE IS DIRTY!!!! "

decipher

www.myspace.com/decipherpunx

"We have a pretty wide range of influences but here are some mxpx,Blink 182,Greenday, Silverchair,Therapy...etc"

Goddamnit Waspo, you better book Son Henry again, on a night when I'm available.

Oh, man! That sucks you can't make it. We'll be back, I'm sure.

But, hey- the band is on a roll after shedding the main stage at the Burnley festival last weekend, it's going to be a great show tonight. Don't let the 'blues band' tag scare you away, this ain't your mothers blues band- unless she's a loud, hard living biker with a bad attitude and a larger than life alcohol tolerance. Then bring her along......

(but i though yous wiz all deid min!)

i'm up for it if you are :p

All very much alive....ish!

Givs a shout when you have a date and i'll see if my buddies in rock can squeeze a gig into there busy schedule of hospital appointments....is there sufficient room off stage for 4 zimmers...? sorry 5 counting Son's..!!

G...