aberdeen-music

Chris T-T :: Chrismas EP :: Free Download

Andy Mulhern

Chris T-T :: Christmas EP :: Free Download

From his blog...............

"Here's my Christmas 2007 EP, now uploaded...

I recorded these 4 tracks at home, using Garageband on my laptop and the Mac's internal microphone & onboard effects, hence the supa-lofi sound. This is how I've been demoing new songs and I'm enjoying recording with so little faff.

They'll be free to download until Boxing Day morning. Enjoy!

1. Little Donkey (trad/arr T-T)

Taped for Maps Magazine's Advent Calendar. To download this one, you'll need to check Maps (Merry Xmas from Maps!) each day between now and December 24th. Well worth it, they're giving away a load of free tracks each day and there's some awesome stuff on there.

However on Christmas Eve, I'll make this version downloadable here as well for 2 days. I was inspired to record this by Timothy Victor, who often sings it when drunk at winter time.

2. Good King Wenceslas (trad/John Mason Neale/arr T-T)

3. Call The Shots (Cooper/Higgins/Powell/Cowling/Somerville)

A cover version of Girls Aloud's 17th - yeah 17th - hit single.

4. Christmas At The Zoo (Coyne/Ivins/Drozd/Jones)

Lovely Flaming Lips song from their Clouds Taste Metallic album. At College, Owen Turner (from Magoo) did an assessed performance of this song and it was, for me, the single most inspiring performance of my time there.

I also did 'Tomorrow' from Bugsy Malone and a kick-arse acoustic version of 'March Of The Coupon Saints' by Future Of The Left but you'll have to wait for another occasion for those.

Enjoy, have a lovely peaceful Christmas. xxx"

Chris T-T MySpace