aberdeen-music

University/college question?

Guest Hobo

Hi, i've been looking to study plant biology/botany at college/uni is anyone aware of any courses run in Aberdeen, I have been to the abcol website but couldn't find anything.

I would also like to sit exams for higher Maths and English how could I go about sitting the exams only? Could I just walk into a school and ask them if I could sit a paper using my SQA candidate number?

All help greatly appreciated

H

Thanks guys, do you think I could do the highers part time?, i'm in full time employment so there is no chance a year at college is going to happen

You might be able to do them totally through distance learning, so no need to ever visit a college apart from for any exams.

For instance, James Watt College offer Higher English and Maths through distance learning - James Watt College, Scotland. Courses - Highers/ Intermediate 2s..

I'm not sure how it works with the exams, but it might be entirely possible to visit Aberdeen College and ask them if you can just sit the NAB's and final exam without attending classes - if you prove you're capable, I really doubt they'd say no.

As for the uni courses - once you do the highers, they'd probably be more than willing to let you study whatever the hell you want part time, as long as you pay.

edit : It's also worth checking to see if you can get the fees paid - no guarantees, but there's always pots of money in educational institutions to 'enable learning'.

You might be able to do them totally through distance learning, so no need to ever visit a college apart from for any exams.

For instance, James Watt College offer Higher English and Maths through distance learning - James Watt College, Scotland. Courses - Highers/ Intermediate 2s..

I'm not sure how it works with the exams, but it might be entirely possible to visit Aberdeen College and ask them if you can just sit the NAB's and final exam without attending classes - if you prove you're capable, I really doubt they'd say no.

As for the uni courses - once you do the highers, they'd probably be more than willing to let you study whatever the hell you want part time, as long as you pay.

edit : It's also worth checking to see if you can get the fees paid - no guarantees, but there's always pots of money in educational institutions to 'enable learning'.

Thats an entire post without mentioning that you like in Poznan. Frosty jack would be proud.

Sorry that this was a bit off topic, I was actually going to give Cloud positive rep points with that comment, but I can't.