aberdeen-music

Transferring funds to someone elses account?

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

I need to pay my landlord rent, yet I don't own a chequebook.

Is there an electronic means of transferring funds from my account with Lloyds TSB into her account with a different bank?

I use internet banking, but I so no option of this when I log in.

I really don't want to have to withdraw the large sum of money then go into a branch of her bank and deposit it.

Any help appreciated.

I use Lloyds and I've used this method a few times.

Log in as normal and select the account you are using. On the left had side there is the menu of options, click on the one that says Transfers and Payments. It'll then ask you to add a recipient and then you just need their sort code and account number and your done.

This is just for once in a while payments though. If you're paying monthly you'd be better setting up a standing order which can also be done online too.

As a word of warning with Lloyds, be warned that they apparently have been guiding people into paying for CHAPS (which is same day) transfers when you attempt to transfer money to another account in-branch. I know at least three people who have been told that they've got to pay to transfer money to non-Lloyds TSB accounts, which is complete lies. A BACS payment is what you'll want, and is free.

Guest idol_wild
As a word of warning with Lloyds, be warned that they apparently have been guiding people into paying for CHAPS (which is same day) transfers when you attempt to transfer money to another account in-branch. I know at least three people who have been told that they've got to pay to transfer money to non-Lloyds TSB accounts, which is complete lies. A BACS payment is what you'll want, and is free.

Useful tip-off.

Cheers, Cloud.