aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That's like saying single malt whiskey is a load of shite because your grandad can make moonshine in his crusty bath tub. Also by your logic, plumber and waiter would be called 'pipe fixer' and 'food delivery guy'. You pretencious fuck.

I wasn't being pretentious at all. This is the pet hates thread. One of mine is pretentious baristas stemming from a chance encounter with one yesterday. He talked down to me and treated me like shit. He made me angry.

I have sales assistant on my badge and when people ask me for a job description just say 'I work in a coffee shop'. Can I be exempt from barista hate?

I wasn't being pretentious at all. This is the pet hates thread. One of mine is pretentious baristas stemming from a chance encounter with one yesterday. He talked down to me and treated me like shit. He made me angry.

Always annoying when people do that. What was it about? Some people fail to realise when to shut up. Applies to both staff AND customers with 'I know it all' attitudes.

Another pet hate is people bitching about prices when they everything is price marked or has a price label in front of it. The people that do this aren't those who have difficulty reading them (these people usually ask) or when for whatever reason the price isn't there. it's just ignorant people too lazy to do a simple everyday task. If you honestly can't add up two prices, go to adult learning and get some help but don't act like it is my fault.

Always annoying when people do that. What was it about?

Och he was rattling on about how he has no idea how anyone can drink instant coffee. He also called me 'a common idiot who has no idea about real coffee', because I said I like nescafe gold. His job is apparently very important as it provides comfort to peoples lives.

And yes, you can be exempt from the hate. for now.

400px-Gwilym_Davies.jpg

One arrogant and pretentious barista shouldn't cloud your opinions of all of those who serve coffee for a living. I think your post was desperately grim, as you were loudly and clearly belittling what someone does for a living. To me, that is bad form.

Jobs are not easy to come by these days. I know that I, for one, would fucking love to be able to get a full-time job serving coffee to people. Or any sort of full-time job, for that matter.

Don't diss what people do for a living. Or judge them for it. It is seriously uncool.

I said my pet hate was pretentious baristas. Not everyone who has made coffee ever.
I hate how folk who pour hot drinks for a living are called a barista. Everyone else's job title is a description of what they do, Plumber, waiter etc. However these high end fuck jobs have to be called something 'cool'. My granny makes tea and coffee all the time but she's nae a barista. I also hate it how people think it's a profession. You combine hot water and coffee beans/teabags. What a tough demanding job. What a load of wank.

Okay, no problem.

This thread got weird, all because people drinking coffee in the morning irked someone. Now it's a coffee war, and an assault on job titles, and a bit of a poke at the working class who fill these job titles it seems.

Pull yourselves together, and get back to hating slow-walkers, text-walkers, junkie-beggars, chuggers and when fat people stink up the bus. The real life shit, man.

• Upvote 2

Flights is right though. Making a job like that out to be more than it is. I worked in chippers and shops and never though about lecturing customers on how they should be cooking fish in a certain way or reading a certain paper. Folk are arseholes.

I'm not saying he's wrong per se - but he worded it poorly and seemed to want to delve into belittling everyone who makes coffee for a living, despite trying to retrospectively deny that. I'll reiterate - I think that is fucking poor.

I'm not saying he's wrong per se - but he worded it poorly and seemed to want to delve into belittling everyone who makes coffee for a living, despite trying to retrospectively deny that. I'll reiterate - I think that is fucking poor.

But then he'd be belittling his granny. And by the sounds of it she'd sort you out good and proper if you did that.