aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I got through the first 2 seasons so quickly as well. I even managed a second watch of them all not long after. Such an addictive show. And after spending a lot of time watching 45min-1hr episode of serious dramas those 20 min episodes just fly by.

Yeah! It's beautifully paced too, and the chemistry among the group makes for effortless viewing.

Series 2 is downloading. I might as well kiss most of tomorrow goodbye.

For any Parks & Rec fans : http://entertainment720.com/what-we-do/#item=175506

The current sit-com hierarchy goes like this imo:

1) The Office

2) Parks & Rec

3) Community (It's good, real good. I just think it tries too hard sometimes)

Recently rinsed my way through reno 911 - a lot funnier than I expected.

Have also reached the end of The Wire season 1 with the gf. She's hooked, which pleases me. She keeps referencing it when we're out and about and has started making plans around watching episodes rather than squeezing one or two in when we can. This one's a keeper!

I think there's a difference between parks & Rec, Trailer park boys and Community. As much as the characters in Community are well rounded, it's still got that set-up + punchline vibe to a lot of it. I mean, the lines are funny but a lot of the script could be regurgitated by any of the characters and be just as funny. The other two shows are all about the characters, there aren't many actual jokes. Seinfeld, Curb, all the greats I like are more like that. I think The US Office strikes a good balance between laugh out loud punch lines and nuanced character stuff.

Okay that's cool. I don't think it's an intended pattern just something i was worried might go on a little too long.

oh and also,

Gale difinitely did not deserve to die, i felt incredibly horrible when jesse went to his appartment with the gun.

I think that's the great thing though.

it was such a shame for such a nice guy to die, made you be all like "oh my god walter you evil fucker" but at the same time you understand why he did it. And it opened up the storyline for Jesse at the start of this season too.

I might sometime. I've seen two episodes but they didn't do much for me. Although one of them was the pilot where they just badly copy the UK one which I know isn't an indication of what it becomes.

I've heard that it is great in seasons 2 and 3 but then becomes shit but everyone here seems to still love it.

I'm starting to rethink my position on Parks & Rec vs Community at least on how they are at the current moment. Season 3 of P+R was absolutely brilliant and I've caught up now and 4 has started on the same level. Community this season has yet to have a really good episode.

I'm beginning to suspect that my enjoyment of Community is slightly dependant on my mood, but I really loved the first two season 3 episodes.