aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Watched the first two episodes of Life's Too Short. Okay I guess. It's all pretty old ground for Gervais / Merchant though. Warwick seems like a mix of Gervais' character from The Office and Extras.

Best thing is they have Barry playing a fictionalized version of the guy who played Barry in Extras who is a fictionalised version of Shaun Williamson / Barry from Eastenders and there is no discernible difference in characterisation between the first two.

• Upvote 1

But it can be a bit too similar at times. It's funny enough to continue watching but I still hope it gets a little better.

I knew for a fact the Johnny Depp scenes would never top the Neeson ones. But the back and forth between Davis and his assistant about paedophiles cracked me up. Also, can't wait to see Steve Carell in it.

Bought 'An Idiot Abroad 2' yesterday so watched the first few episodes last night. I realise much of the humour is to be derived from them prodding Karl into the situations he doesn't want to be in but I think they perhaps over-egged that side of it and it has resulted in him coming across as just complaining constantly, because they have changed pretty much everything he was supposed to do. Still good though.

Also watched series 2 of 'Miranda', which is probably not cool to like but I find it pretty funny.

Also finished 'Deadwood', which just sort of ENDED in the same way that 'Firefly' did, cancelled and unresolved. Annoying.

Watched the newest Family Guy last night. They're on form this season and all the pretension from the previous season has disappeared. They're back to writing good jokes. Keeping them offensive, as always, but bloody funny jokes. I really enjoyed it and every episode is better than the last.

What is considered the newest season now? I watched most of the season which was called 'new and exclusive' by BBC3 earlier this year. It had that odd murder mystery one. It was mostly really bad.

American Dad on the other hand just gets better and better. The last two seasons have just been ridiculous. I don't even know if Stan is still meant to be in the CIA anymore. It's rarely mentioned. It's just based around him being a massive bastard and shouting at people.

I still think I'm the only person who likes the Cleveland Show

What is considered the newest season now? I watched most of the season which was called 'new and exclusive' by BBC3 earlier this year. It had that odd murder mystery one. It was mostly really bad.

American Dad on the other hand just gets better and better. The last two seasons have just been ridiculous. I don't even know if Stan is still meant to be in the CIA anymore. It's rarely mentioned. It's just based around him being a massive bastard and shouting at people.

I still think I'm the only person who likes the Cleveland Show

Season 10. Hasn't been aired on BBc3 yet, only 6 episodes in.

I agree with American Dad. It's hilarious, as is Cleveland Show.

• Upvote 1

They'd probably be off regardless of the football as viewing figures will be waaaaay down on normal on Thanksgiving so advertisers won't give them much money that night so it's pointless (from the network's standpoint) putting on new episodes of anything.

On the other hand... 9 glorious hours of NFL action - I am willing to take a week off from sitcoms for that.