aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

The second episode of 'Life's Too Short' was a huge improvement. Much more laughs all the way through and Johnny Depp was great in it. I was a bit non-plussed by 'Extras' as well when I'd only seen one episode. Maybe I was too hasty.

Also watched both series' of 'Hyperdrive', which I had never heard of before but spotted on Play.com in the sale. Stars Nick Frost, Miranda Hart and Kevin Eldon. It's OK, nothing amazing.

I also picked up a box set of 'Beavis and Butthead' on Play.com. I definitely prefer the episodes when they are interspersed by music videos. Best bits. The extras do have some music videos in there but not many of my favourites.

I've rewatched Extras over the last few days. However I actually hadn't seen the final 2 episodes of series 2 or the christmas special before. Some of it was better than I remembered but there were always some things which grated with me somewhat. I think The Office is pretty much flawless so it's no surprise I don't rate Extras on the same level as that. Still a good solid show overall though and better than what they're doing with Life's too short at the moment.

Last night's Community was brilliant. Not enough Pierce though. Office was great too. TV seems to be getting better by the minute.

I also watched 10 episodes of Up All Night. I was hoping for loads of over the top Gob-isms. But he makes up for it with proper acting. Also I was never really a fan of Christina Applegate but she's took my expectations and threw them in the bin. It's really good.

I love NBC, what else do they make?

Yeah Community was ace, especially Annie's Batman voice and Nick Kroll's German accent. Although:

the anime bit was maybe a bit too off the wall

Parks & Rec was a bit soppy for me. The e-mail attachment made me LOL though.

This whole season of The League has been a bit too gross-out compared to the other seasons. Nick Kroll was awesome in last night's episode of this as well though.

Did anybody watch the first episode of Black Mirror tonight on C4? Holy moly, that was some good TV. However I did end up in a long-winded argument with my mate's girlfriend afterwards when her facebook status called for Charlie Brooker to be shot for writing something so disgusting, and I suggested she might not have fully grasped the programme.

I don't know what it is. I just really enjoy it. I think what I like most so far is all the wee things they're doing 'cause it's set in the 50s. Like calling a typewriter modern technology and Draper saying "it's not as if there's something that instantly copies stuff", or something along those lines. Made me chuckle.

Also, I wish women today were the women of the 50s, or at least the women I know were the women of America pretending to be women of the 50s.

It's set in the 60's btw, although right at the start, season one is probably 1960 or 61. Although it isn't until a few years into the decade that the country become the America of the 60's that people tend to think of. The cultural changes and significant events that happened in that time period play a role in the show as it progresses and is one of the things I love about it so much.

It's set in the 60's btw, although right at the start, season one is probably 1960 or 61. Although it isn't until a few years into the decade that the country become the America of the 60's that people tend to think of. The cultural changes and significant events that happened in that time period play a role in the show as it progresses and is one of the things I love about it so much.

Is it? Sorry. I should have guessed, there hasn't been much Greasers or Pink Ladies in it.