aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I think massages at a club are recipe for disaster. You're going to get someone (me) who's gonna whip their cock (schlong) out and ask for (force) a happy ending regardless of how the masseur felt (she'd farkin' lav it)

fucking hell, are you on a list somewhere? do you get annoyed about people drinking near schools because you're not allowed near schools?

• Upvote 5

Have you every done one for a pretty much unknown charity? How hard was it? What troubles did you find? Did you get a turn out regardless?

Shit man, meant to reply to this but couldn't be arsed because I hate you.

Honestly, whether a gig is for charity or not makes no difference at all to the turnout in my experience. Get a good lineup and you'll get a turnout. We fundraise for PAPYRUS (Prevention of Young Suicide) who very few people up here are familiar with, which is why we do everything we can to spread their name around and get their message out there.

The troubles of charity gigs are exactly the same as any other, the only difference is that a lot of bands will play for reduced fee, as long as you cover their fuel expenses etc so they aren't out of pocket, and you can often get free/cheap venue hire (depending on venue) so your overheads can be kept pretty low.

Honestly, if you try to sell a gig purely because "it's for charity" nobody will give a shit. Sell a good gig and the money will happen. Our gigs where we had solid headline acts (Ascension, The Upstarts, Amber Wilson etc) were where we raised decent money. Our Burlesque nights are pulling in circa £1,000 for the charity per event. Fact is, it doesn't matter what the charity is, or if it's a for-profit gig. Punters will only go if they want to go. Just try to make the best of being able to push your overheads down to maximise what you can pass on to the charity.

xx

Im now in Dubai - where should i be going for entertainment? I also have the entire day free on Friday before i fly home in the evening, what's good to do uring the day?
During the day. nothing, just fucking stay in doors.

For good pubs, definitely check out Fibber Magees. It's the only pub in Dubai I actually like.

You know, for someone that grew up in the UAE and regularly goes over, I have no other advice to give you. Probably cos when I go, I stay in the house until I go out and get bleezin with my parents and end up going home early muttering "every person in this country is a cunt."

• Upvote 1

Im now in Dubai - where should i be going for entertainment? I also have the entire day free on Friday before i fly home in the evening, what's good to do uring the day?

From my mate who works in Dubai:

Entertainment: It is maybe a bit hot for prolonged periods outside, but the JBR Walk is lined with Cafe's, Juice Bars, Ice Cream Parlours and of course Bars in the way of Hotels. You'll also see a lot of pretty nice cars slowly driving past - easy to spend a night there (its right by the beach too).

Dubai doesn't really have a music scene, not that I've found anyway, but often at weekends cover bands (of varying quality) will play in the old town (Bur Dubai) but that's a little out. Places in 'new' Dubai tend to be DJ's - key 'expat' go to is 'Barasti' but it is probably too hot to enjoy there this time of year - up to each person though. I quite enjoyed going to the Mall of the Emirates Ski Dubai hotel and watching the skiers with a beer, in front of the fake fire. It gets busy sometimes too.

The malls are open until 10 during the week, 12 at the weekend (bars inside them til 2.30am) - Dubai Mall in particular is pretty good to see (tallest building in the world too).

As for during the day - the tallest building 'Burj Kalifa' is good to see, but book online and save about 50%. That's in the dubai mall,, which also has an aquarium, ice rink, 1500 shops and the dubai fountain (this is good to see at night, from 6 on I think - get a table at a restaurant at the side of the fountain for dinner and its great)

Can also Ski at Ski Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates. Or there are the souks, a good thing to see. Get a taxi from the Dubai Mall into the Gold Souk (around 30dhr) but it will be hot, and you'll be pestered by guys at every corner, who won't leave you alone.

There is also the spice souk and all the fake goods too. Close by is the fish and veg market, grab a coconut drink for like 30p it's great.

You can also get a boat across the Dubai creek (i've not done it yet) - there is one that costs like 50p, pretty basic, doesn't go far, then there is one that costs about £12 and it goes from the old town to the marina, around the Palm and JBR residence- I think they say they're both worth the money.

probably too hot for the beach, but that's always an option.

From my mate who works in Dubai:

Entertainment: It is maybe a bit hot for prolonged periods outside, but the JBR Walk is lined with Cafe's, Juice Bars, Ice Cream Parlours and of course Bars in the way of Hotels. You'll also see a lot of pretty nice cars slowly driving past - easy to spend a night there (its right by the beach too).

Dubai doesn't really have a music scene, not that I've found anyway, but often at weekends cover bands (of varying quality) will play in the old town (Bur Dubai) but that's a little out. Places in 'new' Dubai tend to be DJ's - key 'expat' go to is 'Barasti' but it is probably too hot to enjoy there this time of year - up to each person though. I quite enjoyed going to the Mall of the Emirates Ski Dubai hotel and watching the skiers with a beer, in front of the fake fire. It gets busy sometimes too.

The malls are open until 10 during the week, 12 at the weekend (bars inside them til 2.30am) - Dubai Mall in particular is pretty good to see (tallest building in the world too).

As for during the day - the tallest building 'Burj Kalifa' is good to see, but book online and save about 50%. That's in the dubai mall,, which also has an aquarium, ice rink, 1500 shops and the dubai fountain (this is good to see at night, from 6 on I think - get a table at a restaurant at the side of the fountain for dinner and its great)

Can also Ski at Ski Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates. Or there are the souks, a good thing to see. Get a taxi from the Dubai Mall into the Gold Souk (around 30dhr) but it will be hot, and you'll be pestered by guys at every corner, who won't leave you alone.

There is also the spice souk and all the fake goods too. Close by is the fish and veg market, grab a coconut drink for like 30p it's great.

You can also get a boat across the Dubai creek (i've not done it yet) - there is one that costs like 50p, pretty basic, doesn't go far, then there is one that costs about £12 and it goes from the old town to the marina, around the Palm and JBR residence- I think they say they're both worth the money.

probably too hot for the beach, but that's always an option.

Fuck that guy. Go up to a local arab, preferably one in a Land Cruiser, and say "kuss um-uk" then grab his missus's tit. He'll think it's hilarious. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • Upvote 3

During the day. nothing, just fucking stay in doors.

For good pubs, definitely check out Fibber Magees. It's the only pub in Dubai I actually like.

You know, for someone that grew up in the UAE and regularly goes over, I have no other advice to give you. Probably cos when I go, I stay in the house until I go out and get bleezin with my parents and end up going home early muttering "every person in this country is a cunt."

I'll check it out. I was in the Dubai Mall last night and watched the water display like every other tourist. I didn't care, it was great. What i want to know about this country is how all the dudes keep their white robe outfits so clean. If that was me it would be covered in soup and mud before 10am every week day and Tennents and ketchup at the weekends.

What's the best web hosting service?

I've got a bunch of domains I bought a while ago and never did anything with them. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on hosting in general.

Always have a vegetarian option. Provide some kind of entertainment to prevent your guests getting bored.

• Upvote 6

I wanted to get the old man tickets to a decent Premiership game next season, with yours truly. He’s a bit of an Arsenal fan, so I thought the Emirates might be a good shout, but I have no idea how you get tickets. Can you only buy them a couple of weeks in advance? Will it be possible to get tickets to, say, Arsenal vs Man U? Will they cost $1,000,000?