aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I've never seen him not play like a lunatic, where other players have had to fill the gap he leaves when he bombs forward like a fullback. As soon as he sees the ball carrier close by, he'll chase them all over the place, leaving his position wide open. He's a good footballer because he's great on the ball with two good feet, he can pass and strike well and he's strong, but he's got no discipline or sense of responsibility. He gets screamed at for being at fault all the time, and he just shrugs or does some kind of gesture that it wasn't his fault. He should be a midfielder, where he can chase the ball carrier and lunge forwards and do all the stupid stuff that he will probably never leave out of his game. He's clearly got a great work ethic, with all the gallivanting he does. It's just hugely detrimental to do that in the position he plays.

He'd make a good, yet more erratic Schweinsteiger type of player. Getting stuck in, running all over the shop, scoring screamers etc. even then, I can't see him showing a sense of responsibility and discipline. He comes across a bit of a renegade, and quite a simple one.

He also needs a haircut, the big fucking scruff.

His recent performances for Brazil in defence have reportedly been very good and reliable. Fernando Duarte said the other week that he seems like a completely different player than who he sees playing for Chelsea at the moment. And he was great for Benfica, although I admit that you could argue that any mistakes are not punished as much in that league.

Brazil seem to always have naturally attacking defenders, and an unorthadox system which allows players to drop into gaps created by advancing players. I think English football may be too rigid for him to be as effective. I'd like to see him tried as a midfielder. He'd break a few legs and score some net-rippers without being a complete liability. Van Bommel style.

Allegri is dead good at managing egomaniacs. Milan have Zlatan, Robinho, Van Bommel, Mexes and Cassano but there are never any reports of disharmony at the club and the players work as hard for one another as any other top level team. Allegri must have a massive gun or something.

Guest Gladstone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16023596.stm

So Aluko took a blatant dive at the weekend and won a penalty.

The review panel has handed him a two match ban (appeal outstanding), but they are still pulling the Dunfermline manager in for a hearing for criticising the referee, even though the review panel in the first instance has agreed with him!?

Good work, the more of this we see, the better. With the opportunity to bring in video review which would help the ref get it right at the time, ensure fairer outcomes for matches and in the case of divers, give them a yellow card instead of such lengthy bans, I think that the sooner that we see it the better. If your team are playing someone and they win by an ill-gotten penalty, it makes little difference if they ban the player for the rest of the season; you've still lost out.

Good work, the more of this we see, the better. With the opportunity to bring in video review which would help the ref get it right at the time, ensure fairer outcomes for matches and in the case of divers, give them a yellow card instead of such lengthy bans, I think that the sooner that we see it the better. If your team are playing someone and they win by an ill-gotten penalty, it makes little difference if they ban the player for the rest of the season; you've still lost out.

I dunno, they may drop points as a result of not having a particular player available for several games.