aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I think Casillas is guilty of sulking a lot now a days for Real, his kicking is truly awful at times as well for a keeper playing for one of the worlds biggest teams, butt he is Mr Real through and through, and he seems to be one of key people in keeping that Spanish squad together after these wars Barca and Real seem to have.

Puyol is the one i love, that header was fantastic and he is everywhere during a game, there was a free kick for Barca in the second half, dinked over the wall and who was there attempting step overs and won a corner, the main centre half!!!

Puyol is wonderful. 51 games in a row now Barcelona haven't lost when he's been playing. It's often overlooked how important he is in keeping up Barcelona's attacking tempo. He keeps the defence at their high line, moves the ball into midfield quickly and encourages the high tempo, pressing game they play at their best. Top Man.

• Upvote 1

Puyol is wonderful. 51 games in a row now Barcelona haven't lost when he's been playing. It's often overlooked how important he is in keeping up Barcelona's attacking tempo. He keeps the defence at their high line, moves the ball into midfield quickly and encourages the high tempo, pressing game they play at their best. Top Man.

Have to agree. I used to want to hate Puyol, but I just can't. The guy is a magnificent footballer, and I genuinely don't think I've ever seen him make an error on a football pitch.

I only wanted to hate him because I loved seeing Barcelona get beat, and if you beat Puyol, you stand a considerably greater chance of beating Barcelona. But screw it, Barcelona are just too fucking good at football to hate.

He also never rolls around on the ground holding his face for no reason, and seems to get generally annoyed at his own team when they do it as well, there was a good clip of him and Ronaldo appearing to be having a moan about the diving last night.

Again i have just read a report that says Ronaldo had a great game last night, i must have missed the last 70 minutes of that match because after 20 minutes i can barely remember him touching the ball, yes it was a good goal, and yes he made 3 tackles, but is that all he needs to do to have a good game now a days?

This is how you get player to sign for you...Shanghai Shenhua claim they were in talks to sign striker Didier Drogba just a month after landing his Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka. Shenhua owner Zhu Jun said: "It's like flirting with a girl. Perhaps she will resist you at first, but if you continue to ask her out, it always ends well. Never give up."

It's a shame. I thought even Xabi Alonso was being a bit cuntish last night. :(

Really? I thought he was one of the few decent players on the pitch. I thought his cuntishness was surpassed by Fabregas, which I found surprising, who was just getting in everyones face. I'm a big fan of Xabi though, even as an ex-scouser, he's the boy. Genuinely one of the most intelligent people involved in that level of football.

They have some top gents still in their team though. Ozil, Higuain, Khedira, Kaka, I love Lass Diarra too, even if he does think he's bigger than Jesus. Varane is wonderful too, though he's not played much yet. Top gent though.

Really? I thought he was one of the few decent players on the pitch. I thought his cuntishness was surpassed by Fabregas, which I found surprising, who was just getting in everyones face. I'm a big fan of Xabi though, even as an ex-scouser, he's the boy. Genuinely one of the most intelligent people involved in that level of football.

They have some top gents still in their team though. Ozil, Higuain, Khedira, Kaka, I love Lass Diarra too, even if he does think he's bigger than Jesus. Varane is wonderful too, though he's not played much yet. Top gent though.

Fabregas got fucking clubbed at a couple of occasions before he started getting in peoples faces though. Once by Pepe on the sideline that was atrocious.

I probably love Cesc as much as you love King Pat though so I'll defend him to the death.

Yeah i personally though Alonso was being a bit dickish at times, Fabregas was up in peoples faces, but he got clobbered a few times. I just wonder how these guys manage to come together and play for Spain, during these games they are constantly trying to get each other booked or sent off, pushing each other and stuff, i just find it hard to understand how they just drop all that the second they get into the national team training camps.

Stopped reading here:

"The miniature camera, which ways just 5 grammes,"

FFS - if writing articles on football is your 'speciality' there is no room for mistakes like that.

Fabregas got fucking clubbed at a couple of occasions before he started getting in peoples faces though. Once by Pepe on the sideline that was atrocious.

I probably love Cesc as much as you love King Pat though so I'll defend him to the death.

I'm a big fan of Cesc too. He's done brilliantly since moving to Barca as well. He seemed riled all through the second half. Getting aggro when you get clattered into is all well and good, but he kept doing at every instance of an altercaction. Still a good egg though. I can understand tempers flaring in a game of that nature, and not many players came out of it looking like a saint. You could even argue that Busquets was one of the more well-behaved players on the pitch, which is an odd thing to even think about.

Pepe is a megacunt though. Everything about him is horrid.

Yeah i personally though Alonso was being a bit dickish at times, Fabregas was up in peoples faces, but he got clobbered a few times. I just wonder how these guys manage to come together and play for Spain, during these games they are constantly trying to get each other booked or sent off, pushing each other and stuff, i just find it hard to understand how they just drop all that the second they get into the national team training camps.

I'm sure I read something (might have even been a link on here) saying Xavi and Casillas used to be propah bezzies, but they've grown apart. Something about Casillas being a bit of a knob these days too, all since Mourinho took over and made Madrid more hated than ever.

Mourinho will be pleased to know that I still think Real Madrid are ace. He'll sleep tonight.

I'm a big fan of Cesc too. He's done brilliantly since moving to Barca as well. He seemed riled all through the second half. Getting aggro when you get clattered into is all well and good, but he kept doing at every instance of an altercaction. Still a good egg though. I can understand tempers flaring in a game of that nature, and not many players came out of it looking like a saint. You could even argue that Busquets was one of the more well-behaved players on the pitch, which is an odd thing to even think about.

Pepe is a megacunt though. Everything about him is horrid.

Cesc has done amazing since getting to Barca. He's looked like the second or third best player on their team for a lot of the games. He has a mix of everything iniesta and xavi has. He has the passing in midfield the ability to pick out a man with a creative pass but when he has that they dont is that ability in the final third to get in the right areas to score. He's also a very underrated finisher in my opinion.

I hate Pepe. Biscuits is a fucking disgrace as well.

Fab does it all, but I think it really wastes Iniesta when they push him out wide. It's a conundrum on who to play alongside Xavi, since they are both so good. Fabregas just seems to cover every plade of grass, coming in from deep midfield, then getting into the box to score. He's netted 15 this season so far, hasn't he? That's brilliant for a midfielder, and if he was in the Premier League, he'd be the league's second top scorer.

Biscuits is horrible, but he's very good at what he does. Proper anchorman, with incredible discipline, in a team where even the centre backs bomb forward to have a go at goal. I still can't stand him though.

Even with David Villa injured, why is Affelay still not getting a game? He's great, but moving to Barca was so pointless for his career. He should have gone to Spurs. He's better than Aaron Lennon

Fab does it all, but I think it really wastes Iniesta when they push him out wide. It's a conundrum on who to play alongside Xavi, since they are both so good. Fabregas just seems to cover every plade of grass, coming in from deep midfield, then getting into the box to score. He's netted 15 this season so far, hasn't he? That's brilliant for a midfielder, and if he was in the Premier League, he'd be the league's second top scorer.

Biscuits is horrible, but he's very good at what he does. Proper anchorman, with incredible discipline, in a team where even the centre backs bomb forward to have a go at goal. I still can't stand him though.

Even with David Villa injured, why is Affelay still not getting a game? He's great, but moving to Barca was so pointless for his career. He should have gone to Spurs. He's better than Aaron Lennon

Busquets also has height as an advantage. Works very well with Barca's system (full backs bombing forward, centre halves pulling almost into full back areas and Busquets filling the hole). Think Yaya did the same job when he was there?

Is Affelay a better option than Alexis Sanchez? I don't know. Not seen enough of either of them to judge, but in Football Manager, Sanchez would win every time, and that means it must be true. With Barca's system, and needing to find places for Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas it doesn't really give them much room to change personnel around. Unless they bring Affelay in for Messi.

Busquets also has height as an advantage. Works very well with Barca's system (full backs bombing forward, centre halves pulling almost into full back areas and Busquets filling the hole). Think Yaya did the same job when he was there?

Is Affelay a better option than Alexis Sanchez? I don't know. Not seen enough of either of them to judge, but in Football Manager, Sanchez would win every time, and that means it must be true. With Barca's system, and needing to find places for Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas it doesn't really give them much room to change personnel around. Unless they bring Affelay in for Messi.

Sanchez is probably better than Affelay, but Sanchez seems to be playing in Pedro's position on the right, and Iniesta in Villa's position, which I think he's wasted in. would be good to see Affelay get given a go in Villa's abscence. He's hideously fast, and if football was like FIFA, his pace means he'd be the best player ever.

It's remarkable how tiny Barca's squad is. They seem to avoid injuries quite well. If they did have a run of injuries to their best players, they really would struggle to fill the gaps.

Talking of injuries, another thing that hacked (boom, boom) me off about last night was Carvalho's kick on Messi. Initially it looked just like a trip but there's a particular angle from behind the goal which showed how terrible it was. Just a hoof, right on his knee. Awful. Carvalho should have been sent off for a second booking in stoppage time, also, when the ref played advantage and then didn't bring it back.

Also, Gerry Armstrong needs to stop adding an 'R' to Özil's name. It should be an 'E' if anything. Oezil.

Orzil and Deane! Europe's next ice-skating sensation!

Oezil.jpg & Deane.jpg

I dunno.

Talking of injuries, another thing that hacked (boom, boom) me off about last night was Carvalho's kick on Messi. Initially it looked just like a trip but there's a particular angle from behind the goal which showed how terrible it was. Just a hoof, right on his knee. Awful. Carvalho should have been sent off for a second booking in stoppage time, also, when the ref played advantage and then didn't bring it back.

Madrid have a big problem with discipline towards the end of these matches. In games they are losing they always seem to become really cynical in the final 15-20 minutes. Tackles flying all over the place with no intention of winning the ball. Remember when Adebayor came on in one game last year and just spent his whole time on the pitch pushing people. Barca are hardly saints in these matches but Madrid always seem to do their best at giving them the moral upperhand.

Madrid have a big problem with discipline towards the end of these matches. In games they are losing they always seem to become really cynical in the final 15-20 minutes. Tackles flying all over the place with no intention of winning the ball. Remember when Adebayor came on in one game last year and just spent his whole time on the pitch pushing people. Barca are hardly saints in these matches but Madrid always seem to do their best at giving them the moral upperhand.

I can't watch El Clasico any more: the games are utterly cringeworthy. Real resort to the kind of horrible, thuggish bullshit you expect to see from hungover Sunday League "hard men" and Barca react by flinging themselves to the ground at the slightest contact. It's so staccato and unenjoyable to me, and I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the fixture until Mourinho leaves. I love the guy and generally prefer Real to Barca, but these games are absolutely minging bar a few magic moments. Screw both teams, basically.

It's Barca's ref crowding I don't understand, even when they get the decision in their favour, you get Victor Valdes sprinting 70 yards to do a bit of yelling. I hope one day someone pings a lob over his head whilst he's flapping to get back to his goal line after having left it to tell the referee how much of a shitbag he thinks he is.

Ref crowding just boils my piss. Luckily, no team that I follow has ever done it...

article-0-0024C4A000000258-236_468x470.jpg