aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Piers Morgan is just a twat. Does that with loads of footballers to try to provoke them. His conversations with Joey Barton are just cringeworthy.

On that occasion Linekar started it though by making a quip about Morgan and Alan Sugar being rubbish football pundits. Being the confrontational twat he is Morgan starting insulting Linekar about how he was way more successful etc. Linekar owned him well and truly though with the world cup and golden boot statements. http://www.theweek.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity-antics/45110/piers-morgan-v-gary-lineker-clash-football-pundits

There's not many options out there at the moment. Redknapp and Pardew are the only two English managers really turning heads and I doubt either of them would take it. I could see them putting in a Beckham or a Shearer with a experienced "director of football" type advising. Where's Terry Venables these days?!

The Ox and Wilshere too. Maybe Tom Cleverley.

No strikers though.

I just deleted that post for not completing it... forgot to copy what I typed though :p It was someone saying Redknapp should manage England and field under 25 team for Euro 2012 as everyone over 25 will be 'past it' for the world cup (despite players tending to peak in their late 20's which Rooney, Ashley Young, Gary Cahill etc will be in 2014). Best I can think of is this (assuming all fit and in form... unlikely as Gibbs never plays and Cleverley and Wilshere have been injured most of the season and are still out for another month.

Hart

Richards Smalling Jones Gibbs

Walcott/Sinclair Cleverly Wilshere Ox

Welbeck Sturridge

They would struggle to get past the group stages IMO.

He then goes on to say Stuart Pearce should manage at 2014! This man will probably be appointed the next head of the FA, if only to make the current bosses look competent.

The best thing about all this is that the ITV Football crew are talking about this tripe instead of talking about the Middlesbrough v Sunderland game that's being shown.

Sunderland are 1-0 up at the the moment after a good Jack Colback strike around the 40 minute mark. Middlesbrough came close to equalising a couple of times in the last 5 minutes of the first half with Phil Bardsley doing well to get back to block a Jutkiewicz shot on the line.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN:

There's one England game between now and the end of the PL season so it'll be a caretaker manager (me and Soda Jerk, obvs) for that match before Redknapp takes over from us in May.

Guest Gladstone

I've always said I could win a tournament if I was England manager. I even have some credentials these days after turning round a failing New Deer Primary School team and turning them into a competitve team (won one tournament last year) and they play some nice football too for a bunch of kids. I've got some good motivational skills, turning some timid wee lads into good footballers with massively increased confidence.

I'm pretty sure I could win the Euros if I was in charge of the England team. I'll do it on this basis:

Give me the job now and give me a basic wage of 70k per year. If I get past the first round, I want a bonus of 20k, if I get to the Quarter Finals I want another 20k, into the semis, an extra 50k, then to the final another 50k and if I win the tournament, give me 500k. Cheap on international managerial terms and I'm actually incentivised to do well instead of being on the sort of contracts the likes of Steve McLaren was on that rewarded him to the tune of about £2m for failing miserably.

• Upvote 1