aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

It's gotta be dodgy 'Arry for me but on another board someone put in a shout for Ian Holloway - how ace would that be? For the press conferences alone! And would be cheap! Could see echoes of Mike Bassett!

We could get Holloway in to "do a '98" and get him to slot in Queen song titles into the Euro coverage. Score!

Jesus talk about being bitter, you would think reading this article that Capello had completely failed as a manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2012/02/no_love_lost_as_capello_takes.html

England just need to get over themselves, they dont have good enough players to win everything, and even if they did the media would ruin any chance before it had began. They mention in that article that Capello has never signed an English player which shows he doesnt really like English people.....No its just English players were either unavailable (Terry, Lampard, Gerrard) or the ones that were, were shit.

I can't believe the vast majority have no sympathy for Capello over this. It's just a matter of "Bye bye. Who's next?" and that Capello "didn't care enough" rabble rabble "has to be English" bullshit. The fact is, Capello was statistically the best England manager in history, in accordance to how many of games he won. The batshit bonkers FA come in and completely undermine his authority to discipline a player who (is probably guilty, but) hasn't been convicted of anything yet, which all in all should be the managers decision. The FA have shoved aside the man they named as the boss of the team and made a decision for him, when it didn't really have anything to do with him. I don't like JT. He's an odious, abhorrent gobshite, but he's probably the still the most armband-worthy player as it stands, and that's not something you want to be chopping and changing 4 months before a big tournament.

I'm pretty much behind Capello's reasons for walking, and completely against the unruly mob that is currently the FA, who have been utterly bonkers the past year or so with their unbalanced and inconsistent decision making. If I was a player with the stature of someone like Rooney (i.e. a guarenteed pick for the Euros) I'd tell the FA to shove it up there arse and not play for the national side which represents their Football Association. Revolt!

• Upvote 3

Capello reign as manager manager was good, except in the only bit that counted, the world cup. I expected a lot more from him to be honest. One of the all time great coaches but sadly his time has passed.

I don't blame FabCap for that as much as I do the big game players like Rooney, and the rest of them, for simply not turning up. England looked pedestrian in that World Cup. Nobody had any sort of guile. It was embarrassing

Guest Gladstone

EDIT:

Rooney should revolt
But then the media would turn on Rooney in a flash and he'd suffer the sort of shit that Beckham put up with post World Cup '98 etc etc.

Rooney's probably about as liked as he's ever been at the moment (he's never going to be liked on the scale of the nice guys in football, but his appreciation level is quite high right now) - there's no way he'll turn round and say "I'm not playing for you cunts after the way you've treated Capello (a guy that the media aren't showing much love for) and John Terry (a guy that's widely hated, shagged his mate's missus and who might soon be convicted for the whole racism thing)".

Guest Gladstone

According to wikipedia (must be true), Pearce is the current caretaker coach. Presumably that will just be to take charge of the Holland game and then I'll get the call for the Euros.