aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Don't see how anyone would consider Hazard as a ready-made replacement for Modric - they're totally different players. Unless 'Arry's plan would be to play Parker and Sandro as the 'holding two' with Bale-VDV-Hazard in the advanced positions. It would work, but they'd be silly to let Modric go in summer IMO. It obviously depends what other teams around them do, but if they can strengthen in a couple of key areas, they will definitely be contenders for the title next year.

@FOX - I can't believe anyone can hate Tottenham but have a soft spot for Chelsea. They're like the Rangers of English football. Totally unlikeable - them and Liverpool. Horrible clubs.

Don't see how anyone would consider Hazard as a ready-made replacement for Modric - they're totally different players. Unless 'Arry's plan would be to play Parker and Sandro as the 'holding two' with Bale-VDV-Hazard in the advanced positions. It would work, but they'd be silly to let Modric go in summer IMO. It obviously depends what other teams around them do, but if they can strengthen in a couple of key areas, they will definitely be contenders for the title next year.

@FOX - I can't believe anyone can hate Tottenham but have a soft spot for Chelsea. They're like the Rangers of English football. Totally unlikeable - them and Liverpool. Horrible clubs.

More importantly, will Bale finally stop wearing #3 next season?! A left winger wearing the number of a left fullback? Give it up Gareth, you aint going to play there again anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

What do you hate so much about Chelsea Adam? Just out of curiosity. I understand why some people dislike them due to the Abramovich / Mourinho effects but not sure why someone would hate them much more than that.

It's actually nothing to do with Abramovich or Mourinho, although it is extremely annoying to see the turnaround of managers who have seemingly done little wrong. There's just something about Chelase I can't stomach. A lot of this is to do with the players - there are a lot of total dickheads that play for Chelsea, and it's starting to show even more now that they're faltering a bit in the league. It's classic 'we're used to winning so when we're not I'm just going to moan and hack' that Rangers love so much. They also play in blue. Fuck blue!

Aside from that, it probably is a little irrational - I couldn't give you a sole reason why, but if I was to choose one it would be Ashley Cole. No, John Terry. Dennis Wise.

One of them.

Hazard wont go to Spurs. Those quotes that were reported were taken out of a long interview when he also said he'd like to go to Chelsea or City.

Hazard has got so much hype about him now whoever signs him is going to be paying him serious wage money which leaves 3/4 clubs in it and Spurs aren't one of them. Madrid, Chelsea, City and Barca.

Someone made a good point to me last night, in the 80's Rangers were not a strong team and we survived fine, whats to say that wont happen again this time around? The more i think about it the more i think this could be a blessing in disguise for the SPL in the long run, i dont enjoy seeing Rangers go under as much as i hate the club, i dont like seeing any club go under like this, but if it opens up the SPL a bit then surely in the long run it will do us good to have a more competitive league from 2nd to 10th or however many teams we are going to have in the SPL.

Another good point made to me about that was a few weeks ago there was a choice of watching hibs vs motherwell or spurs vs man city on the tv, guess which game ended up being very boring and which game ended up being very exciting? I would also argue that the best football in Scotland is found outwith the Old Firm, the likes of Motherwell and ST Mirren have constantly played better football than Rangers all season, Celitc on their day can be exciting to watch or really frustrating to watch.

I think after people get over the fear of losing these 4 games then we can make a plan for moving forward, yes Sky may not offer as much money, but do we really want to be a league like the EPL that relys solely on the money they receive from Sky to survive?

Boy at my work seems sure Whyte has been planning this all along. My opinion is that it was a sinking ship when he took over, however all this tax dodging rumours are pretty worrying. I can see the tax men wanting to make a serious point after 'Arry managed to wrangle himself out of his tax mess. If the HRMC take control of Rangers it's game over!

The crux of the problem was certainly created pre-Whyte, I don't think that's in dispute. What I think is debatable is which of the following happened:

1. He took the club over, not knowing how bad the mess was and genuinely hoping to rescue them

2. He took the club over, knowing how bad the mess was but genuinely believing he could rescue them (perhaps by calling in the administrators, creating a phoenix club and avoiding the HMRC and other liabilities)

3. He took the club over, knowing how bad the mess was and intending to strip the club down for assets, knowing that he'd more than return the £16m of debt he took on

Despite what I'm seeing, option 3 seems very unlikely because an organisation like Rangers comes with a lot of emotions and there are a lot of nasty people out there who have an interest in their success. I can't help but feel that if he did that, he might perish in a boating accident under unusual circumstances.

I've had a soft spot for Chelsea for years and years. Couldn't tell you why, they're just one of those clubs. I can see what you mean about the manager thing, and the method in which they rose to prominence is a bit iffy, but I still support them.

But then I also support Sunderland since Mum's from (near) there.

For these reasons, I strongly dislike: Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Fulham (not so much now that I "play" for them in FIFA11), Q.P.R. and, of course, Newcastle. Sorry Murrr.