aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

He's not the best though. He's a backwards-running winger. He recieves the ball with his back to the full back and runs towards his own team. Ashley Young does it too. It essentially means that they ain't got no tekkers, to dance through fullbacks. If you're a winger, you just gotta have skills. Unless you're David Beckham.

Ox and Walcott. Both run forwards, and directly at defenders. Fearless. All the tekkers.

Matt Jarvis is better than them all, mind. If he was picked, we'd win the World Series, or whatever the competition is that we're playing in.

Guest Gladstone
I just remembered Stewart Downing and spat a mouth full of coffee everywhere.

The Ox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darren Mackie>>>>>>>>>>>New Deer FC>Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Current day Pele>Stewart Downing.

Mackie wouldn't get a game for the mighty New Deer FC. You insult me.

Guest Gladstone
Fuck New Deer FC, thanks to your shitey club I've lost a regular weekly game.

You can organise that kick about yourself you know... 6.10pm at Strikers on a Thursday is now going spare. I may even play once in a while... ;)

You can organise that kick about yourself you know... 6.10pm at Strikers on a Thursday is now going spare. I may even play once in a while... ;)

Will your current club let you have a kick-about with amateurs? I thought they'd maybe think it too risky, ya know hoofing a ball around with a bunch of cloggers, you might get injured. Have they got insurance on you?

Will your current club let you have a kick-about with amateurs? I thought they'd maybe think it too risky, ya know hoofing a ball around with a bunch of cloggers, you might get injured. Have they got insurance on you?

Aye, i'm sure the ginger Messi wouldn't be allowed to play ball with Nefarious B.I.G

Ya know what. I don't get Brendan Rogers taking the Liverpool job. I know it's a step up, one of the biggest jobs in club football etc. But fuck what a poisoned chalice. The 'Pool fans will of course be expecting instant success, and Champions League football every year. Any time he slips up he'll have the crowd on his back and if he's not in the top 5or 6 he'll have loads of pressure on him. It's a really really odd choice for a young manager who's not really proven at this level. No room for error. He's bound to make errors, he's only been a manager for like 4 years. Bizarre. I bet he doesn't see out the season.

Guest Gladstone
Ya know what. I don't get Brendan Rogers taking the Liverpool job. I know it's a step up, one of the biggest jobs in club football etc. But fuck what a poisoned chalice. The 'Pool fans will of course be expecting instant success, and Champions League football every year. Any time he slips up he'll have the crowd on his back and if he's not in the top 5or 6 he'll have loads of pressure on him. It's a really really odd choice for a young manager who's not really proven at this level. No room for error. He's bound to make errors, he's only been a manager for like 4 years. Bizarre. I bet he doesn't see out the season.

Completely with you. The only plausible reasoning can be he's been offered a shitload more money and being touted for the job has massively inflated his ego, so he thinks he can win things with Liverpool. You've got to be a fucking genius and/or very very lucky to win anything of note with Liverpool these days. He'll have been on a very good wage with Swansea with the only real pressure being keeping them in the Premier League (which isn't easy, but it isn't the same WIN OR YOU FUCKING DIE, CUNT attitude of the Liverpool fans) giving him time to put his stamp on the team and build something. It's the same with Lambert probably going to Villa. Why the fuck would he do that? Villa are a mid-table club. Big club with a lot of history, but to be honest, they're not that much bigger than Norwich who have some pretty good heritage of their own. He must just be seeing pound signs. But you don't get paid much being out of a fucking job by Christmas.

I actually think its a good move for liverpool, a young guy with new ideas, obviously knows his stuff, the job he has done at Swansea has been nothing short of a miracle giving what he has had at his disposal. It was either take a new guy in with new ideas or go for one of the old tried and tested managers who have been round the block already. He seems to have a good team around with him he will be bringing to Liverpool and with a few key signings and tactical changes Liverpool could push top 6 next season. As much as i hate the club i think its about as good a choice as they could have made. Being young means nothing, if your good enough, your old enough, i think he has proven he is good enough this season to warrent a punt. Jose was a young guy when he got the Chelsea job and that didnt work out too badly.

I cant imagine Liverpool are going to paying him a crazy sum of money, but like the club or not Liverpool are still one of Europes biggest clubs in terms of tradition and everything else, they have a HUGE fan base, easily dwarfing Swansea's and the chance to push for top honors because of the financial backing they have. Throw in a bigger stadium, state of the art training facilities and the ability to attract top level players and its easy to see why he went for it. I dont really think his ego has grown or anything, its just a step up from where he was last season.

Completely with you. The only plausible reasoning can be he's been offered a shitload more money and being touted for the job has massively inflated his ego, so he thinks he can win things with Liverpool. You've got to be a fucking genius and/or very very lucky to win anything of note with Liverpool these days. He'll have been on a very good wage with Swansea with the only real pressure being keeping them in the Premier League (which isn't easy, but it isn't the same WIN OR YOU FUCKING DIE, CUNT attitude of the Liverpool fans) giving him time to put his stamp on the team and build something. It's the same with Lambert probably going to Villa. Why the fuck would he do that? Villa are a mid-table club. Big club with a lot of history, but to be honest, they're not that much bigger than Norwich who have some pretty good heritage of their own. He must just be seeing pound signs. But you don't get paid much being out of a fucking job by Christmas.

I can kinda see the Lambert one to be honest. Yeah Norwich finished above them and what not, but Villa are undoubtedly a bigger club, with a rich owner and a lot more potential. If he gets it right he could be pushing for top 6 there. I am surprised he walked from Norwich quite so easily though, I thought he'd want to see his project through to the end. Though maybe that was the target for him, he got them to the EPL and kept them there, job done. Still, a bit of loyalty, eh Paul?

I can kinda see the Lambert one to be honest. Yeah Norwich finished above them and what not, but Villa are undoubtedly a bigger club, with a rich owner and a lot more potential. If he gets it right he could be pushing for top 6 there. I am surprised he walked from Norwich quite so easily though, I thought he'd want to see his project through to the end. Though maybe that was the target for him, he got them to the EPL and kept them there, job done. Still, a bit of loyalty, eh Paul?

I think its safe to say Liverpool are undoubtedly a bigger club than Swansea so the same argument could be applied there.

Guest Gladstone

The thing with Liverpool fans is they are fucking morons. They thought they could get Mourinho to replace King Kenny. They think that because Liverpool is a big club (and they still count them as one of the "Big 4") they should be getting a world beating manager. And by that, I don't mean a guy like Rodgers who has done brilliantly at a club like Swansea. I mean a guy like Mourinho who has won trophies. BIG trophies like the Champions League.

If Rodgers doesn't have an instant impact at Liverpool the fans will be on his back saying he isn't good enough to manage a BIG club like Liverpool etc etc. Short sightedness. And why would you want to manage a bunch of racists anyway?