aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Well after watching the game last night i think im done with Zola. I just dont see what he brings at all, except constantly getting himself into trouble for no reason. Definitely McInnes's worst signing of the summer. 

Playing him and Vernon upfront was a disaster in the making as well. 

Still some positives tho, Jack and Smith were really good again, and Hayes seems a lot more effective this season. 

Yep, not a fan of Zola. Doesn't offer anything that Magennis can't, except a frightening lack of pace and seemingly an even worse sense of what's around him at any given time (including opposition defenders).

Vernon played wide left was a bad decision, as was hooking him at half time but leaving the ineffective Zola on. Glad McGinn got 15 minutes (should've scored and at least made the 'keeper work with his chance in the last couple of minutes). Jack looks a class above, Smith full of energy and Shaughnessy solid as usual. Low struggled when brought on, I thought, his use of the ball was poor.

Yep, not a fan of Zola. Doesn't offer anything that Magennis can't, except a frightening lack of pace and seemingly an even worse sense of what's around him at any given time (including opposition defenders).

Vernon played wide left was a bad decision, as was hooking him at half time but leaving the ineffective Zola on. Glad McGinn got 15 minutes (should've scored and at least made the 'keeper work with his chance in the last couple of minutes). Jack looks a class above, Smith full of energy and Shaughnessy solid as usual. Low struggled when brought on, I thought, his use of the ball was poor.

Yeah exactly, if your gonna play someone like that play Magennis, he at least seems to have a slight understanding of football, Zola just looks like he really doesnt know what he is doing out there. Maybe he is trying too hard or something, but ive yet to see him have a really effective game. Even his one goal was something he couldnt miss. I feel for Vernon, score a hatrick then get punted wide to accommodate Zola, its not fair on him.

St Mirren are a team that have been lauded for their expansive passing game over the past few years

:laughing:

Honestly first I've heard of that.  Every time I've seen them the last few years they've been absolutely honking.  Relying on thugs like Jim Goodwin and lumping it up to Steven Thompson.

:laughing:

Honestly first I've heard of that.  Every time I've seen them the last few years they've been absolutely honking.  Relying on thugs like Jim Goodwin and lumping it up to Steven Thompson.

I recall when Danny Lennon first came in, St Mirren were apparently a passing team according to media pundits and reporters, notably Chick Young (yes, I know he's a bit of a ill-informed tube sometimes). I never took the time to watch them particularly closely, so I can't offer any credence. From what I've seen this season and the tail-end of last, they are pretty horrific to watch, so I am completely in agreement with you. They are very fortunate that Hearts are in the scenario they are,as it'll give them a chance to stay up.

Predictably, I can't look beyond Motherwell and Inverness to challenge for second place this season, but I think Dundee United and Aberdeen could put a couple of runs together throughout the course of the season and challenge, too. I'm quite enjoying getting back into Scottish football.