aberdeen-music

Good Charlotte Fans

Born with Wings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good charlotte aren't a untalented' date=' americanised trend?

If so why?[/quote']

Define untalented. They can play their instruments, in fact the drummer is really really good. They can sing better than most of them types of bands, They have had three reasonalby successful albums, the list goes on man. Just because you dont rate them it doesnt mean they have no talent. Anyway they are amercian so of course they are going to be like american bands.

I find it laughable that people are so simple minded and buy into this untalented' date=' americanised trend. There are so many people out there who have no clue what musical talent really is[/quote']

Lots of great bands are americanised such as the Eagles, and as for untalented, well it never hurt the Sex Pistols much, they were hardly the most musically talented band. Why can't you just let people like what they like ? Most oif the bands I like have superb musicians in them but it doesn't make them any better than bands i like who just have something I like about them, something undefineable.

Cheers

Stuart

Define untalented. They can play their instruments' date=' in fact the drummer is really really good. They can sing better than most of them types of bands, They have had three reasonalby successful albums, the list goes on man. Just because you dont rate them it doesnt mean they have no talent. Anyway they are amercian so of course they are going to be like american bands.[/quote']

Ok, untalented means to me a band that adds nothing to the scene and it's easy to copy and idea. Infact the whole pop punk genre is way too similar

Ok' date=' untalented means to me a band that adds nothing to the scene and it's easy to copy and idea. Infact the whole pop punk genre is way too similar[/quote']

ok but the sex pistols are easy to copy i think i could play almost every song of their on every instrument. dire straits arnt that hard to copy but you cant say that they are not talented. sorry i dont find that a good argument.

I heard Good Charlotte right before their popularity explosion happened, parts of the album before "lifestyles of the rich and famous" I think, and i wasn't really keen on them. To be honest, I thought they were shite, and still do. I don't care if they are punk or not either. I think they have established themselves as more of a pop band than anything else (not a manufactured one either), and it seems to have paid off for them. They will certainly change their image, but by the current looks of bands such as Green Day and Blink, it's not exactly anything out of the ordinary