aberdeen-music

Yamaha CS-01 vintage analogue monosynth for sale

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

miniature monosynth by Yamaha

renowned for phat bass sounds despite is toyish appearance, i will spare you the 'sounds like moog' pish, but it is quite capable of retrolicious leads too, excellent Weezer-esque glissando as well ;)

- single VCO with sawtooth/ramp/pulse/square/PWM waveforms, plus white noise generator

- 12db filter with variable resonance

- +1 octave pitch bend, can go ear peircingly high on 4' setting!

- batter operated, plus has built in speaker! play anywhere! like in bed like i do - now you can be like your hero phat tom on the bus, in the playground etc.

flawless condition in terms of playability, however the VCF on the breath control is missing its cap. the pot still turns perfectly well, though without the breath control part(which was an optional accessory at the time) it means nothing anyway.

i am selling this because i have since learned the basics of synthesis and am looking for a more advanced machine for crazy noise capabilities, and the CS-01 is pretty much suited to melodic stuff.

it cost me just over 100 pounds and i only bought it in september, so i am looking for 85 pounds or nearest offer.